Wednesday 16 December 2009

Honeyspring


Kerstin Schmidt approached me in May after another client of mine recommended me to her. She wanted a logo and website for her healing practice, based in the elegant Redland area of Bristol.

Working with Kerstin was an incredible experience, and not like anything I have ever done before. We worked using intuition: I presented ideas to her that felt right, rather than what I thought she wanted to see. She would journey (a kind of meditation) and come back with information for me, and we bounced back and forth like this, not rushing, taking time, until she felt the work was complete. I started with the logo - parts of which are doodle, parts are splashes of water from a knocked-over glass, parts are a rock from my garden - and when this was done, I travelled to Bristol and took many photographs around her apartment and her healing room and then, using other photographs I'd taken from walks around Cardiff, put together a very simple, clean site, with which she was delighted.

She says, "Just to say how much I have appreciated your design work on my website. It was brilliant throughout.  I especially want to honour your creativity, your commitment, your willingness to keep working and absolutely go the distance no matter what.  I’ll be very happy to recommend you to my colleagues wholeheartedly. You are so meant to do work like this."

...which, of course, I'm chuffed to bits with.

No comments: